Homemade boneless chicken wings marinated, double coated, deep fried and smothered in a Buffalo Wild Wings honey bbq sauce! Everyone can agree on this for dinner!
Chicken: Chicken breast
Seasoning: Adobo seasoning
Flour: All-purpose flour
Egg: Lightly beaten eggs, seasoned with salt and white pepper.
Oil: Any deep frying oil, I used grapeseed oil; another good oil to use is vegetable oil.
Sauce: Bbq sauce (honey bbq sauce Buffalo Wild Wings).
How to make bbq boneless wings
Cutting chicken: Cut your chicken breast into cubes.
Seasoning/marinating: Into a ziplock bag add your cubed chicken, adobe seasoning and buttermilk. Close up your bag and shake until chicken is well coated. Allow to marinate at least up to 1 hour or overnight in the fridge.
Setting up breading station: Into a deep bowl break your eggs and season them with salt and white pepper, lightly beat your eggs. In a separate deep mixing bowl, add your flour.
Coating chicken: Add your chicken into flour, egg and back into the flour. Place breaded chicken onto a sheet pan.
Freezing the chicken: Place your breaded chicken into the freezer from 15-20 minutes, to help hold the coating.
Heating oil: Heat your oil up to 350F.
Frying: Deep fry your chicken in small batches until golden, which can take 5-10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Turn your chicken constantly to get even browning. Depending on the size of your chicken time may vary. Place cooked chicken onto a pan fitted with paper towels to remove any excess oil.
Heating sauce/tossing: Into a saucepan add your bbq sauce and heat it up until it becomes hot. Add your sauce to your fried chicken and toss until well combined.
Bbq boneless chicken wings
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp of adobo seasoning
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1/14 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3-4 eggs seasoned with salt and white pepper
- 1 bottle of bbq sauce
- Cut your chicken into cube size pieces.
- Into a ziplock bag add your chicken, adobo seasoning and buttermilk. Close your bag and shake it up. Allow chicken to marinate from 1 hour or overnight.
- Setup your breading station by adding flour into a deep bowl and in a separate bowl break your eggs, season them with salt and white pepper. Beat your eggs lightly.
- Add your chicken into flour, egg and back into the flour. Lay the breaded chicken out on a sheet pan.
- Place your chicken into the freezer for 15-20 minutes, before frying. Doing this will help your coating stay on the chicken.
- Heat your deep fryer to 350F or if you are using a deep pot add oil about 1/2 way and heat your oil to 350F.
- Deep fry your chicken until golden, which can take from 5-10 minutes. Use a thermometer to check the internal temperature, it should reach 165F.
- Place chicken onto a pan fitted with paper towels to remove any excess oil.
- Heat up your bbq sauce until hot and pour it over your chicken. Toss until well combined.
- Serve with ranch and celery. Enjoy!