New Orlean Style Blackened Shrimp Po Boy Sandwich! The perfect hit for this summer! It’s a bread roll toasted, filled with pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, spicy charred shrimp and finished off with a delicious remoulade sauce!
Shrimp: Jumbo raw shrimp.
Seasoning: Blackened seasoning or Old Bay(with blackened seasoning).
Bread: I used Steak, Brat & Sausage Rolls, from the company called Orlando.
Mayonnaise: Any mayo will work.
Tomato: Roma tomatoes, but you can use any kind.
Pickles: Large pickles, sliced in thin slices.
Lettuce: Iceberg lettuce, thinly chopped.
Remoulade Sauce: I used this brand called St. Elmo Remoulade.
How to make Blackened Shrimp Po Boy Sandwich:
Prepping shrimp: Peel and devein your raw shrimp. Wash and dry the shrimp.
Season Shrimp: Season the shrimp with the blackened seasoning and allow them to marinate for 20-30 minutes but no longer than 2 hours.
Cook Shrimp: Heat your cast iron pan on a medium heat. Once the pan is hot, coat the pan with avocado oil. Cook your shrimp in batches, flipping about 2 minutes per side. Pay attention so that the shrimp get a char and an internal temperature of 120F.
Putting the sandwich together: Toast your bread, spread with mayonnaise, add pickles, tomatoes and lettuce. Top with shrimp and drizzle with some remoulade sauce.
Blackened Shrimp Po Boy Sandwich
- 12 oz of Jumbo Shrimp
- 3 tsp of OLD BAY WITH BLACKENED SEASONING
- 4 Bread Rolls
- 4-5 Roma tomatoe slices per each sandwich
- 7 Pickle slices per each sandwich
- bunch of lettuce per each sandwich
- 5-6 cooked shrimp per sandwich
- Remoulade sauce
- Prep your raw shrimp by peeling and deveining them. Wash and dry them with a paper towel.
- Season your shrimp and allow them to marinate for about 20-30 minutes, no longer than 2 hours.
- Heat your cast iron pan on a medium heat. Once the pan is hot, coat it with avocado oil. Cook your shrimp in batches, flipping about 2 minutes per side; making sure they get a char and reach an internal temperature of 120F.
- Butter your pan, place your sandwich bread, allow it to toast and remove it from the pan once toasted.
- Spread each side with mayonnaise and start by placing your pickles on one side and tomatoes on the other. Add your lettuce into the middle and place your shrimp on top. Drizzle with some remoulade sauce and serve with french fries to chips on the side.