Love a quick, one pan, blt breakfast sandwich? We’ll here’s a recipe with a combination of all.
Why you would like this one pan sandwich
A one pan sandwich is quick and easy to make. This is a slight replicate of a BLT sandwich but in a breakfast form. Filled with a variety of different vegetables, bacon, eggs and aioli sauce, you can easily switch up some ingredients and make a twist of your own!
Ingredients for one pan sandwich
Eggs: I used 2 large eggs.
Bread: I used a white bread, but you can use any bread that is a square shape.
Cheese: You can use a cheese of your choice, but I used provolone.
Greens: I used spinach and arugula, but you can use either or.
Tomatoes: You can use any tomato you have. (ex. Roma, cherry tomatoes, beefsteak)
Avocados: You want to use a ripe avocado and cut in thin slices.
Onion: Any onion will be great with this sandwich. (ex. red onion, white onion, shallot)
Bacon: You can use as much as you want but I used 2 and cut them in half.
Sauce: I used my aioli sauce which recipe is in the condiment section, but if you don’t want a sauce on your sandwich you don’t have to put it on.
How to make the one pan sandwich
Egg Mixture: When breaking your eggs, you want to make sure they are beaten well. Make sure you season your eggs with salt and pepper.
Adding the bread: when adding your bread, you want to place it onto your egg mixture while it’s still runny and not cooked.
Adding toppings: When adding toppings make sure you don’t add too much, where it won’t close.
Folding sandwich: Before closing up the sandwich, check that your bread is toasted enough. Once toasted, fold in the egg sides then fold your sandwich in half.
Questions usually asked
Can I use whole wheat bread, instead of white bread?
Yes, you can.
What if I don’t have a nonstick pan, what can I use?
You can use a regular pan and add oil or butter.
Can I use a different cheese?
Yes you can.
Breakfast Blt sandwich
- Non- stick pan
- Fish spatula
- 2 eggs salt and pepper
- 2 bread slices crust cut off
- 2 provolone cheese
- bunch of arugula and spinach
- 4 thinly sliced tomatoes salt and pepper
- 4-6 thinly sliced avocados slices
- 4-6 thinly sliced red onion
- 2-3 bacon slices (once cooked I cut in half)
- aioli sauce
- Break your eggs into a bowl and add salt and pepper. Mix eggs with fork.
- Pour your egg mixture into a nonstick pan and place onto the stovetop. Turn on your burner to a low to medium heat.
- Cut off the crust on all sides of your bread. Then place your bread onto your egg mixture while its still runny and not cooked.
- Once your egg is cooked then flip it. Use a fish spatula to help flip the bread and egg mixture.
- Then place your cheese on top, spinach/arugula, tomatoes(salt/ pepper them), avocado, red onions, bacon and drizzle with some aioli.
- Before flipping check if your bread is toasted enough. Once toasted fold in the egg sides and then fold your sandwich in half.
- Cut your sandwich in half and Enjoy!!!