The one pan sandwich was viral all over the internet at one point. It’s a quick way to make an easy breakfast with no hassle. If you haven’t tried this way of making breakfast then you should definitely try this recipe!
Why you would like this one pan sandwich
This one pan sandwich is my go to breakfast on busy week days. It’s filled with variety of vegetables, smoked salmon, eggs and drizzled with an aioli sauce. It’s more on the healthier side option recipe.
Ingredients for one pan sandwich
Eggs: I used 2 large eggs.
Bread: I used a white bread, but you can use any bread that is a square shape.
Cheese: You can use a cheese of your choice, but I used provolone.
Greens: I used spinach and arugula, but you can use either or.
Onions: Any onion will be great with this sandwich. (ex. red onion, white onion, shallot)
Tomatoes: You can use any tomato you have. (ex. Roma, cherry tomatoes, beefsteak)
Salmon: I like smoked salmon on my sandwich, but you can definitely switch it out with a different breakfast meat.
Sauce: I used my aioli sauce which recipe is in the condiment section, but if you don’t want a sauce on your sandwich you don’t have to put it on.
How to make the one pan sandwich
Egg Mixture: When breaking your eggs, you want to make sure they are beaten well. Make sure you season your eggs with salt and pepper.
Adding the bread: when adding your bread, you want to place it onto your egg mixture while it’s still runny and not cooked.
Adding toppings: When adding toppings make sure you don’t add too much, where it won’t close.
Folding sandwich: Before closing up the sandwich, check that your bread is toasted enough. Once toasted, fold in the egg sides then fold your sandwich in half.
Questions usually asked
Can I use whole wheat bread, instead of white bread?
Yes, you can.
What if I don’t have a nonstick pan, what can I use?
You can use a regular pan and add oil or butter.
Can I use a different cheese?
Yes you can.
One Pan Sandwich
- Non- stick pan
- Fish spatula
- 2 eggs salt and pepper
- 2 bread slices cut crust off
- 2 provolone cheese sliced
- bunch of arugula and spinach
- 4-6 thinly sliced red onions
- 4 thinly sliced roma tomatoes
- 2 smoked salmon
- aioli sauce
- Break your eggs into a bowl, add salt and pepper and mix them with a fork.
- Pour your egg mixture into a nonstick pan and place onto the stovetop. Turn your burner on a low to medium heat.
- Cut the side crusts off your bread and place it onto your egg mixture while it's still runny and not cooked.
- Once your egg has cooked use a fish spatula to help flip the bread and egg mixture.
- Start off by placing cheese, then spinach/arugula, tomatoes (salt/pepper them), red onions, smoked salmon, and finally drizzle with some homemade aioli sauce.
- Before closing up the sandwich, check that your bread is toasted enough. Once toasted, fold in the egg sides then fold your sandwich in half.
- Cut and Enjoy!!!