When the summer season hits, Caprese Salad is a must! This classic Italian recipe is made of tomatoes, cheese, oil, balsamic glaze and topped with fresh basil. Follow along to learn to make this simple recipe!
Ingredients for caprese salad:
Tomatoes: Round ripe red tomatoes or you can also use any tomatoes that you like.
Cheese: Mozzarella ball cheese.
Oil: Extra-virgin olive oil.
Seasoning: Salt and black pepper.
Herbs: Fresh basil.
Balsamic glaze: Balsamic vinegar and brown sugar.
How to make caprese salad:
Prepping cheese/tomatoes: Slice your tomatoes and cheese into slight thick slices.
Seasoning tomatoes: Season your tomatoes with salt and pepper.
Laying out salad: Layout your salad, by alternating between the cheese then tomato.
Drizzling with oil: Drizzle with olive oil on top.
Chopping basil: Chiffonade your basil and chop it up. Sprinkle on top of your salad.
Finishing off with balsamic glaze: Finish off with a balsamic glaze if you’d like.
Caprese Salad (Fresh Summer Salad)
- 5 slices of tomato
- 6 slices of mozzarella cheese (from a mozzarella ball)
- 1-1 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp fresh basil
- salt and black pepper
- balsamic glaze (as much as you like)
- Prep you cheese and tomatoes by slicing them into slight thick slices.
- Season your tomatoes with salt and black pepper.
- Chiffonade your basil and chop it up.
- Onto a dish, start your salad by alternating the cheese then tomato.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic glaze and basil.