Checkout my twist on a childhood recipe. Cheesy garlic bread, it’s easy to make and definitely a crowd pleaser. You can pair it with any Italian pasta dish or enjoy as a snack with some marinara sauce on the side. P.S. this recipe contains eggs, but you definitely can make it without them!
Ingredients for cheesy garlic bread
Bread: Italian loaf 10 oz
Butter: Garlic herb compound butter.
Cheese: Shredded mozzarella cheese.
Eggs: 4 eggs.
How to Make cheesy garlic bread
Prepping bread: Cut your bread in half.
Spreading butter: Spread compound butter evenly on both slices of bread.
Mixing cheese and eggs: Beat your eggs lightly with a fork, add your cheese and mix.
Egg mixture on bread: Spread out egg mixture evenly.
Baking: Bake at 400 F for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly golden.
Garnishing: Garnish with parsley or basil
Ingredients for Compound butter
- 1 stick of softened unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp of your favorite fresh herbs or 1 1/2 tbsp of dry Italian seasoning.
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
How to make compound butter
In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment whip softened butter with the herbs or spices of your choice. Form your butter into a log with the help of parchment paper. Place into the fridge to chill. *****For this recipe you won’t need to form it into a log or place the butter into the fridge, since you will be spreading the softened butter right away.
What is compound butter made of?
Compound butter is softened butter whipped with herbs, spices, garlic and many other ingredients!
Cheesy Garlic bread
- 1 Italian bread, 10 oz
- 8 tbsp of compound butter ,use 4 tbsp per each slice of bread
- 2 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- 4 Eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1-2 tbsp Freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cut you bread in half and spread softened compound butter on each slice.
- Crack your eggs and salt and pepper them. Break your eggs with a fork.
- Add cheese to your eggs and mix. Spread your egg mixture out evenly on both bread slices. Optional: sprinkle with some garlic powder on top.
- On a sheet pan fitted with parchment paper place your cheesy bread.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly golden. Garnish with parsley and Enjoy with some marinara sauce on the side!