Having trouble thinking of an idea for tonight’s dinner? Make this quick and easy Creamy Chicken Alfredo with an addition of broccoli.
Ingredients for Chicken Alfredo
Pasta: Fettuccine or any pasta you like.
Sauce: Heavy cream, butter, garlic, parmesan, nutmeg, white pepper and salt.
Chicken: You can use chicken or chicken tenders.
How to make Chicken Alfredo
Boiling Pasta: Cook your pasta according to package instructions.
Making the Sauce: To make the sauce melt you’re butter in a heavy bottom pan and add your garlic. Then pour in your heavy cream and bring to a light boil, allowing the water to evaporate in the cream. Use a spoon to check the consistency of the sauce.
Cooking the chicken: You can cook the chicken on a pan on the stovetop, grill it or bake it. Choose your favorite way of cooking chicken.
Blanching Broccoli: In a pot, bring your water to a running boil and add salt where the water is salty. You will place the broccoli in the water and let stay for 1-2 minutes. Then take the broccoli out and right away shock it in the ice water bath and then dry with a paper towel. Make sure for every portion of broccoli you throw in the water is boiling. If it’s not boiling then bring to a boil and throw in the broccoli.
Is Chicken Alfredo reheat-able the next day?
Do I have to add Broccoli?
Nope, only if you like Broccoli and want it in your dish.
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 5-6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- 2/3 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 3/4-1 tsp of white pepper
- 1 lb or 16 oz of fettuccine pasta
- 2 chicken breast pounded
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp of onion powder
- 1/4 tsp of thyme
- 1/4 tsp of oregano
- 1/4 tsp of basil
- 1/4 tsp of parsley
- 1/4 tsp of marjoram
- salt and pepper
- lemon optional
- 1-2 broccoli heads
- Melt your butter in a pan. Add your garlic and allow to simmer for 1 minute.
- Pour in your heavy cream and bring to a light boil, allowing the water to evaporate and the sauce to thicken. The sauce should reduce by 1/4. This can take a couple of minutes.
- To check If your sauce is ready, dip a spoon into your sauce and swipe with your finger. If it swipes and its a clear line, then your sauce is ready. Take off heat and stir in your parmesean cheese.
- Season with nutmeg, white pepper and salt to taste.
- Bring your water to rolling boil and add salt.
- Add in your pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Pound Chicken until even, with a meat pounder.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add in all your ingredients (listed above).
- Make sure it’s well mixed and let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 to 24hrs.
- When ready to grill, take your chicken out and let them sit in room temperature for at least 10 mins.
- Heat up your grill to 400F. If you are using a panini grill click on chicken option and skip to step 8.
- If you are grilling on an outdoor grill, you will need to rub your grill with some oil to prevent the chicken from sticking. Again, if you are using an panini grill then you won’t need to go through that step.
- Place your lemons on the grill. Once they are ready you will squeeze them onto the Chicken. I would use a thermometer to check the temperature for readiness. When chicken is cooked, it reaches a temperature of 165F.
- In a pot, bring your water to a running boil and add salt where the water is salty. You will place the broccoli in the water and let stay for 1-2 minutes.
- Then take the broccoli out and right away shock it in the ice water bath and then dry with a paper towel. Make sure for every portion of broccoli you throw in the water is boiling. If it’s not boiling then bring to a boil and throw in the broccoli.