Chicken kiev, a dish that originates from Kiev Ukraine. Stuffed with a garlic herbed flavor, rolled in breading and finished off in the oven, leaving it super juicy and moist inside. This dish is definitely one you can’t resist!🤤
Ingredients for Chicken kiev
Chicken: Chicken breast.
Compound butter: Garlic, parsley, dill, salt, white pepper.
Full Recipe Below:⬇️
Flour: All-purpose flour.
Eggs: 2 large eggs.
Bread crumbs: Plain bread crumbs.
Salt/pepper: Kosher or sea salt and white pepper.
How to make chicken kiev
Cutting/pounding chicken: Butterfly your chicken and pound with a meat pounder to make it thin.
Adding butter/rolling chicken up: Add your butter and roll up the chicken while tucking in the sides, to prevent the butter from leaking when it’s cooked.
Resting in the fridge: At least for 30 minutes to an hour.
Breading/frying: Setup your breading station then dredge your chicken into flour, eggs(season with salt and white pepper), bread crumbs, eggs and back into the breadcrumbs. Heat up your oil to 350F and fry until golden brown. Make sure you flip the chicken to get even browning on all sides.
Baking: Bake on a sheet pan fitted with a cookie rack at 350F up to 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F.
- 2 chicken breast
- 70 grams of compound butter per each chicken If chicken breast is smaller use 50 grams
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of plain bread crumbs
- salt/white pepper
- Oil for frying
- Butterfly your chicken breast. Pound your chicken with a meat pounder. Season one side with salt and white pepper. Add your butter and roll up your chicken by tucking it as shown in the video. Cover your rolled up chicken in plastic wrap and place into the fridge to chill for about 30 minutes-1 hour.
- Set up your breading station. Flour, eggs(season with salt and white pepper) and breadcrumbs.
- Heat up your oil to 350F and preheat oven to 350F. Drendge your chicken into flour, egg, breadcrumbs back into the egg and breadcrumbs. Fry just until it starts turning golden brown. This may take only up to a minute. Place your chicken onto a sheet pan fitted with a cookie rack. Bake for about 20 minutes or until your chicken reaches and internal temperature of 165F. Serve right away with mashed potatoes on the side. ** Tip: Don't poke your chicken into the middle where the butter is when taking the temperature , or else it will leak out.