Chicken Pesto Crunchwrap
The Chicken Pesto Crunch Wrap is Crunchy, Cheesy and Delicious. It's an amazing recipe to make any time of the day. If you love pesto, you will definitely fall in love with this recipe!
- Sheet Pan
- 1 recipe of basil pesto
- 6 big tortillas
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese or 24 mozzarella balls
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes
- olive oil as needed
- butter 1/2 Tbsp per wrap
- 6 chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp of onion powder
- 1/4 tsp of thyme
- 1/4 tsp of oregano
- 1/4 tsp of basil
- 1/4 tsp of parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- 3/4 cup of balsamic glaze
- 2 tbsp of light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425F. Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place your tomatoes on the sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix.
- Place in oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes. While baking make sure you mix the tomatoes with a spatula so they cook evenly. Also, constantly check on the tomatoes because with different sizes, they may cook faster.
- Prepare your pesto, marinated grilled chicken and balsamic glaze.
- Once your tomatoes are ready, place them into a bowl and let cool for 5 mins.
- Cut up your grilled chicken into cubes and set aside.
- To assemble your Crunchwrap start by adding pesto on the 1st triangle, chicken on the 2nd triangle, then your tomatoes with balsamic glaze on the 3rd part and finally add your mozzarella cheese or mozzarella balls.
- Cut your tortillas starting from the middle of the tortilla all the way down. (do that to only one side of the tortilla) Do the same to the rest of your tortillas.
- To serve, serve as whole or cut in half.
- Take out the tendon in the chicken tenders.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add in all your ingredients (listed above) except your lemons into a large ziplock bag.
- Make sure it’s well mixed and let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 to 24hrs.
- When ready to grill, take your chicken tenders out and let them sit in room temperature for at least 10 mins.
- Heat up your grill to 400F. If you are using a panini grill click on chicken option and skip to step 8.
- If you are grilling on an outdoor grill, you will need to rub your grill with some oil to prevent the chicken from sticking. Again, if you are using an panini grill then you won’t need to go through that step.
- Place your lemons on the grill. Once they are ready you will squeeze them onto the Chicken.
- Chicken tenders cook really quick. I would use a thermometer to check the temperature for readiness. When chicken is cooked, it reaches a temperature of 165F.
- In a sauce pan add in your balsamic vinegar and sugar.
- Place on medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Bring to a light boil.
- To check if it's ready, scoop a bit of sauce onto your spoon and let the sauce run down, you will notice if it's runny or thickened.
- The sauce will start to thicken, so don't let the sauce cook long because it will not be a saucy texture anymore it'll turn into a sticky consistency.
- Place sauce into a bowl to cool off.
- Once cooled, refrigerate for up to 7 days.
Why do I add a lid will its cooking? The heat will be trapped inside the lid which will allow the mozzarella to melt just in time before it turns golden brown. Adding enough butter to prevent from burning: When you are cooking your Crunchwrap and you see that you need to add more butter than add it, sometimes stovetops can have more of a higher heat than others and can cause food to burn quickly. What pan should I use? You should use a nonstick pan to prevent it from burning and sticking. Can I use a panini grill? Of course you can, just don’t add any butter like you would in a pan. Cook right away: When you assembled your crunchwrap cook it right away. It will prevent the oil in the pesto and balsamic glaze from leaking through. Can I use a different tomato and not bake it? Yes, you can use a different tomato, one of your preference. Also baking optional. Can I use a different chicken such as rotisserie? Yes, you can use any leftover chicken or even store bought chicken. I also included my recipe of grilled marinated chicken. How long does balsamic glaze last? Balsamic glaze can stand in the fridge for up to 7 days. What can I put balsamic glaze on? Balsamic glaze is perfect for pizza's, pesto Crunchwrap, caprese salads, grilled vegetables and more. Can I over thicken my balsamic glaze? There can be a possibility for you to over thicken your sauce, If you're not paying attention to it. I would highly recommend to keep an eye on it and constantly mix to know when your glaze is ready. What happens when you over thicken it? When the sauce is too thickened it becomes a sticky consistency, almost like sticky Carmel. Can I bake my chicken instead of grilling it? Yes you can Can I overcook my Chicken: Yes you can over cook chicken. Make sure you use a thermometer to check the doneness. It needs to reach 165F. Chicken tenders cook quick. What kind of white wine I use? I use a dry-white wine called Sauvignon Blanc Why I place the Lemon slice on the grill? Putting lemon on the grill will take the acidity away. How long I marinate my Chicken? Marinate your chicken from 1-24 hrs.