Ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookie skillet also known as a pazuki. It’s the perfect summer dessert that’s topped with vanilla ice cream and can be drizzled with a chocolate sauce if you’d like!
Butter: Unsalted butter.
Sugar: Cane and brown sugar.
Eggs: Room temperature eggs.
Flavoring: Vanilla Extract
Flour: All-purpose flour
Salt: Kosher and sea salt
Chocolate: Semi-sweet and milk chocolate callets or you can use a chocolate bar.
How to make the cookie skillet:
Browning butter: In a pan on a low to medium heat add your butter. Constantly mix and allow the butter to turn into a hazel color. Remove off heat and allow it to slightly cool.
Sifting dry ingredients/ mixing: Into a bowl sift through your flour, balking soda, baking powder and kosher salt. Mix well with a whisk.
Adding/mixing in the sugar: Mix both of the sugars together, add them to the butter and mix with a whisk.
Lightly beating eggs/adding vanilla: Lightly beat your eggs with a fork and add in the vanilla.
Incorporating eggs with the batter: Incorporate your eggs into the batter by folding them with a spatula.
Adding in dry ingredients: Fold in your flour with a spatula, just until combined.
Adding chocolate callets: Fold in your chocolate callets with your hands or spatula.
Buttering the pan: Butter your cast iron pan.
Adding the cookie dough: Use an ice cream scoop to evenly space out the dough. Do not spread it out with your hand or else the cookie will be too stiff. Lightly press the top of your cookie dough with the ice cream scoop.
Sprinkling with salt: Sprinkle your cookie with sea salt (I like using coarse sea salt).
Baking: Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for about 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 255 grams unsalted butter
- 80 grams brown sugar
- 160 grams cane sugar
- 77 grams egg
- 7.5 grams vanilla extract
- 350 grams all-purpose flour
- 4.5 grams baking powder
- 4.5 grams baking soda
- 5 grams kosher salt
- 230 grams chocolate callets (115g semi-sweet/115g milk chocolate)
- extra sea salt on top
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a pan on a low to medium heat add your butter. Constantly mix and allow the butter to turn into a hazel color. Remove off heat and allow it to slightly cool.
- Mix both of the sugars together, add them to the butter and mix with a whisk.
- Lightly beat your eggs and mix in your vanilla. Incorporate your eggs by folding them into the batter, little by little.
- Into a bowl, sift through your dry ingredients and mix with a whisk. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold them with a spatula just until combined.
- Add your chocolate callets with a spatula or mix them in with your hands.
- Butter your cast iron pan and use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the cookie dough. Place your cookie dough out evenly as shown in the video then lightly press the cookie dough with the back of your scoop.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt to your liking.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden and a tooth pick comes out clean. Don't overcook your cookie or else it will become dry not gooey.