Easy Beet Salad
Beets are a great source of iron, potassium, vitamin C and many other vitamins. With a couple of simple ingredients, you will have a quick and easy salad to serve to your family and guests!
- Julienne slicer
- 3-4 corn on the cob
- 4 medium beets
- 1 red onion
- 2 bunches of dill
- 2 bunches of parsley
- 4-5 garlic cloves minced or crushed
- 1 drop of distilled white vinegar
- 1/3 cup of oil (add additional, if needed)
- Salt and pepper
- Place a pot on medium heat with your beets and water added to it. Cook until your beets are fork tender.
- Peel your corn from its husk and put another pot on medium heat filled with your corn and water. Once the water starts boiling, cook the corn for about 3-5 minutes or until the corn kernels are tender and golden.
- When your corn and beets are finished cooking, place them into separate ice baths so that they can cool down.
- While your vegetables are cooling down chop your red onion in half and then another half. (Rewatch the video to see the correct technique.)
- Chop your parsley and dill finely.
- Once your beets are cooled peel them with a peeler and use a julienne slicer to shred them. Then add your vinegar and mix with a fork.
- When your corn has cooled down use a paper towel to wipe any excess water and cut the corn kernels off the cob (as shown in the video).
- Add all your ingredients together in a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix and Enjoy!