Compound butter is a softened butter that is blended with variety of herbs, garlic, spices and many more. It’s used in many dishes to bring the flavor profile to the top!
Ingredients for compound butter
Butter: Softened unsalted butter.
Herbs: I used parsley and dill, but you can use variety of herbs.
Garlic: Grated or crushed garlic.
Salt/pepper: Kosher or sea salt and white pepper.
How to make compound butter
Mixing all ingredients together: In a stand mixer add your butter, herbs, garlic, salt and white pepper.
Rolling it up: Place your compound butter into a piece of parchment paper and with a spatula form into a log. Roll up your butter into a cylinder and store in the fridge until ready to use.
What can I store the butter in?
- parchment paper
- wax paper
- air tight container
What if I don’t have a mixer?
You can combine the butter and herbs with a fork, food processor and hand whisk. I use the mixer because it creams the butter well with the herbs/garlic, breaking it down to make it more flavorful.
Garlic Herbed Compound butter
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter or 16 tbsp
- 2 tbsp of fresh dill
- 2 tbsp of fresh parsley
- 4-5 garlic cloves, grated
- pinch of kosher salt
- pinch of white pepper
- In a stand mixer add your butter, parsley, dill, garlic, salt and white pepper.
- Using a paddle attachment and blend up until well combined.
- In parchment paper or plastic wrap roll up your butter. Store in the fridge until ready to use.