Check out my all time favorite sandwich called the Grinder Sandwich! Similar to an Italian Sub, this sandwich is layered with cheese, deli meats, tomatoes and salad tossed in dressing. A wonderful and easy sandwich to please and feed a whole crowd!
Ingredients for grinder sandwich:
Bread: Sub bread or jimmy johns bread.
Cheese: Provolone cheese.
Deli meat: Pepperoni, ham and salami.
Lettuce: Iceberg lettuce.
Onion: Red onion.
Pepperoncini: Sliced pepperoncini.
Dressing: Mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano and salt.
Seasoning: Salt, black pepper and oregano.
How to make Grinder Sandwich:
Making the salad: Shred your iceberg lettuce, julienne your onion, and chop up your pepperoncini. Into your bowl add mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, oregano, oil and salt. Mix with a whisk and add in lettuce, onion and pepperoncini.
Putting the sandwich together:
- Cut your sandwich bread halfway through and place provolone cheese on both sides. Top with pepperoni and bake until cheese is melted.
- Top with salami, ham, salad and tomatoes. Season your tomatoes with salt, black pepper, oregano and drizzle with olive oil. Close your sandwich up and use sandwich picks to divide your sandwich.
- Jimmy johns bread or Sub bread
- 5 Provolone cheese, sliced in half
- 6 Big Pepperoni slices
- 5 Salami slices
- 5 Ham slices
- 9 tomato slices
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/4 wedge of Iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 of a red onion, julienne
- 2-3 tbsp of pepperoncinis
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of oregano
- Pinch of salt
- Cut your sandwich bread halfway through.
- On both sides of your bread top with cheese. Top with pepperoni on one side of the bread and bake in the oven until the cheese is melted at 400F.
- Once baked top with salami, ham, salad and tomatoes. Season the tomatoes with salt, black pepper, oregano and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Close your sandwich up and use sandwich picks to divide your sandwich.
- Serve right away and enjoy!
Making the salad
- Shred your iceberg lettuce, julienne your red onion, and chop up your pepperoncinis.
- Into a bowl add in your mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano and a pinch of salt. Mix well with a whisk.
- Combine your lettuce, onions, and pepperoncinis into your dressing and toss until well combined.