Make your own homemade granola with simple ingredients found in your pantry! It’s the perfect breakfast or go-to snack.
Ingredients for Granola
Oats: Old Fashion Oats.
Rice Crisp: I used the brand, One Degree Sprouted Brown Rice Crisps Cereal.
Nuts: Peanuts are used in this recipe, but you can use different varieties of nuts.
- Macadamia Nuts
Oil: I use olive oil, but there’s other oils that you can substitute in this recipe.
- Coconut oil
- Canola oil
- Melted unsalted butter
- Grapeseed oil
Liquid Sweetener: Maple syrup is used in this recipe, but there’s other options such as…………
- Agave syrup
- Brown rice syrup
- Date syrup
- Agave Nectar
Flavoring: I flavor my granola with vanilla extract, but you can use:
- Almond extract
- Coconut extract
Sugar: Dark brown sugar
Cocoa Powder: I used a natural high fat cocoa powder.
Salt: Kosher salt
Chocolate: Semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you can use a chocolate bar instead.
How to make Granola
Mixing: Mix everything together well so the wet mixture is coating all of the oats.
Baking: Bake for 25-30 minutes, on the middle shelf in the oven or until light golden brown. Mix every 5-10 minutes for even browning.
Adding Chocolate chips: When adding chocolate you want to sprinkle on top of the oats when they come out of the oven. Allow too cool.
Storing: Store your granola in a air tight container or a jar for up to a month at room temperature.
How long does homemade granola last?
Granola lasts up to a month in a air tight container or a jar with a lid.
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 cup of brown rice crisp
- 2/3 cup of unsalted peanuts
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 5 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp of cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp of kosher salt
- 1/4-1/3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate bar
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- In a bowl add your oats, brown rice crisps, and peanuts.
- In a measuring cup add oil, maple syrup, vanilla, dark brown sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Mix and pour onto your oats mixture. Mix well until combined.
- Pour out your mixture onto a sheet pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until they are a light golden brown. Mix every 5-10 minutes for even browning.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and allow to cool. Once cooled pour into a jar or a airtight container and store for up to a month.