Mozzarella sticks are one of the easiest appetizers to make. Just follow these few steps and you will be a pro at making them! Gotta say, homemade mozzarella sticks are way better than restaurant style!
Ingredients for Mozzarella Sticks
Cheese: String cheese
Bread Crumbs: I used both panko and Italian bread crumbs.
Eggs: 3 large eggs
Flour: All-purpose flour
How to make Mozzarella Sticks
Cutting string cheese: Cut your cheese in half.
Breading station: Set up your station in three separate bowls. 1st: flour. 2nd: eggs 3rd: bread crumbs.
Placing into the freezer: Place into the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour.
Frying: Fry at 350F or until golden brown.
Adding salt: Sprinkle with some kosher salt.
- 12 sticks of mozzarella
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup of panko crumbs
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Cut your mozzarella sticks in half.
- Season your eggs and mix with a fork. In a food processor blend both of your bread crumbs. And set up your breading station.
- Add your sticks into the flour, eggs then bread crumbs.
- Redip them back into the eggs and bread crumbs.
- Place them onto a sheet pan fitted with parchment paper and place into the freezer to chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Heat up your oil to 350F and fry from 1-1/2 minutes or until golden brown. Place onto a rack to allow the excess oil come off. Sprinkle with some salt, serve with some marinara sauce and Enjoy!