Do you like a recipe that’s quick and easy in prepping, especially during the summer? Well your wish came true! Try out this delicious grilled chicken that’s marinated in sun-dried tomato pesto. Oh and p.s. if you don’t have a grill, these are amazing in the oven too!
Chicken thighs: Boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
Pesto: Sun-dried tomato pesto.
Salt/pepper: Kosher salt and white pepper.
How to make marinated chicken thighs in sun-dried tomato pesto:
Prepping chicken thighs: Trim off any extra (excess**) fat on the chicken thighs. Wash them under running cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
Seasoning chicken thighs: Season your chicken thighs with salt and white pepper on both sides. Allow the salt to dissolve into the meat before starting the process of marinating.
Adding pesto: Add your tomato pesto and mix until all of the chicken thighs are coated.
Marinating in the fridge: Cover your chicken with plastic wrap and place into the fridge to marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
Before grilling: Take your chicken out of the fridge before grilling for at least 10-15 minutes.
Preheating grill: Preheat your grill to 400-425F.
Grilling your chicken thighs: Oil your grill before placing your chicken thighs (with a paper towel). Once your grill is at the right temperature, place your chicken onto the grill face side down. Flip over halfway and cook until they reach an internal temp 165F. The timing of the chicken is different on every grill so I would highly recommend paying attention and using a thermometer.
Where can I buy tomato pesto? Can I make homemade tomato pesto?
You can find tomato pesto in many grocery stores! I bought mine at Aldi, I will share a link below and yes you can definitely make it homemade rather than buying it at the store!
Marinated chicken thighs in sun-dried tomato pesto:
- 10 Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 6.7 oz or 190 grams of sun-dried tomato pesto
- Salt and white pepper
- Prep your chicken by trimming off any extra(excess**) fat and rinsing under running cold water. Pat dry and season both sides with kosher salt and white pepper.
- Into a bowl add your chicken. Add your sun-dried tomato pesto and mix until each chicken is coated well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate for about 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat your grill to 400-425F and remove the chicken from the fridge. Remember to oil your grill before adding the chicken.
- Once your grill is at the right temperature, place your chicken onto the grill face side down. Flip over halfway and cook until they reach an internal temp 165F. The timing of the chicken is different on every grill so I would highly recommend paying attention and using a thermometer.