Here is one of the best Rice Krispies recipe you can make! Gooey, crispy and mouthwatering, you can have them done in 10 minutes. Forget the store bought ones and start making them yourself!
Ingredients for Rice Krispy treats
Rice crisp: I used the brand, One Degree Sprouted Brown Rice Crisps Cereal.
Marshmallow: I used mini marshmallow, they melt quicker.
Butter: Unsalted butter.
Vanilla Extract: Used for flavor. You can use 1/2 of a vanilla bean, if you are feeling more extra.
Chocolate: I used mini semisweet chocolate chips.
How to make Rice Krispy treats
Melting butter and marshmallow: Melt your butter and add in your marshmallows. Cook until melted, while constantly mixing.
Mixing the mixture: Once you get to this step you want to work fast. Mix until everything is combined.
Adding to pan: When adding your mixture to the pan you want to work quickly.
Melting chocolate: Melt the chocolate in a microwave and mix every 10 seconds until melted.
How to store Rice Krispie treats?
In an air tight container.
What size pan I used?
10 inch pan
Rice Krispy Treats
- 10 in pan
- 9 cups of brown rice crisp
- 7 cups of mini marshmallows
- 1 stick of unsalted butter or 8 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt, optional
- 1/4-1/3 of Chocolate
- Melt your butter in a heavy bottom pot and add your vanilla (you can also add salt if you'd like). Then add in your mini marshmallows and allow them to melt. Keep mixing.
- Add in your rice crisps and mix. Quickly add everything to your pan lined with parchment paper and lightly press it down to make it even.
- Allow the rice crispy treats to cool.
- Drizzle with chocolate and let it set again before cutting.