Juicy mouthwatering chicken topped with pesto, mozzarella and tomatoes! A super fancy, but easy recipe to make!
Ingredients for seared chicken with pesto, mozzarella and tomatoes
Chicken: Chicken breast.
Stock or broth: Unsalted chicken stock or broth.
Butter: Unsalted butter.
Basil pesto: One recipe of basil pesto. Click the link below ⬇️ ⬇️⬇️
Tomatoes: Any tomato will work. Preferably use a big tomato.
Cheese: Mozzarella ball cheese, but you also can use shredded mozzarella.
Salt/pepper: Kosher salt and white pepper.
How to make seared chicken with pesto, mozzarella and tomatoes
Pounding chicken: Place chicken into a ziplock bag. Pound chicken with a meat pounder to make it fully even. Since the bottom of the chicken is already thin enough, pound mostly the top/middle of the chicken.
Seasoning chicken: Season chicken with salt and white pepper on both sides.
Searing chicken: On a medium to high heat in a pan add butter and allow to melt. Add your chicken with face side down first and sear just until golden. Flip and sear the other side. Then transfer into a pan or baking dish. Repeat the process to all of the chicken, but clean your pan after each. Pour in chicken stock or broth and cover with foil.
Baking and topping with pesto/cheese/tomato: Preheat oven to 400F. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until chicken reaches 160F. ( Depending on your oven, I would check at the 15 minute mark.) Then remove any leftover stock and top with pesto, cheese, and tomato. Place back into the oven on broil to finish off the chicken, also allowing the cheese to melt! About 1-3 minutes. Before taking it out of the oven make sure it reaches 165F.
Seared chicken with pesto, mozzarella and tomatoes
- 3 chicken breast
- 1/2-1 tbsp of unsalted butter, per chicken
- 1 recipe of pesto
- 3 slices of mozzarella ball cheese
- 3 medium sliced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock or broth
- salt and white pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place your chicken into a ziplock bag as shown in the video. Pound your chicken with a meat pounder to make all sides even. Since the bottom of the chicken is already thinner, pound more at the top/middle of the chicken. Season both sides with salt and white pepper.
- On a medium to high heat in a pan add butter. Allow to melt and add in your chicken face side down. Sear both sides, just until they are golden. Remember, they will be finished off in the oven. Transfer into a sheet pan or a bake-able dish and pour in your stock or broth. Cover with foil.
- Transfer into a preheated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until it reaches 160F.(Depending on your oven, I would check at the 15 minute mark, mine took 20 minutes to cook. )Then remove any leftover stock and top with pesto, mozzarella and tomato. Place back into the oven on broil and finish of the chicken also allowing the cheese to melt. About 1-3 minutes. Before taking the chicken out of the oven, check if it reached 165F, if not then keep in oven until it reaches that temperature!