Got any leftover guacamole? Then make this perfect party appetizer! It’s a baked crispy wonton cup, filled with guacamole and topped with shrimp and micro greens.
Why you will love this recipe?
This recipe is quick, delicious and easy to make. You can make the wonton cups ahead of time so there’s no rush when you are throwing a party!
Ingredients for shrimp wonton cups
Wonton wrappers: I used store bought wrappers.
Shrimp: I used raw medium 41-50 size shrimp.
Guacamole: Recipe here: https://just-craving.com/guacamole/
Greens: In this recipe I used micro greens, but you can also top it off with cilantro or parsley.
How to make shrimp wonton cups
Making wonton cups: To make the wonton cups, cut out the circles and place into an oiled cupcake pan. Then oil the top and bake until light golden brown. Allow to cool before filling them in.
Cooking shrimp: Cook shrimp in butter on a medium heat for about 1-2 minutes on each side or until it reaches an internal temperature of 120F.
Guacamole: Check out the guacamole recipe on my website. When pipping it into the cups you can use a pipping or ziplock bag.
Adding greens: Place fresh greens on top of your shrimp.
How long can wonton cups last?
They can last up to 1 week in an air tight container.
How long does this appetizer last?
You want to make this appetizer just before serving or else the cup will become soggy.
What seasoning did you use for your shrimp?
KINDER’S RUB (The Seafood Blend)
Shrimp Wonton cups
- wonton wrappers
- 1 cooked shrimp per each cup
- Preheat oven to 300F. Use a cookie cutter to cut out circle shapes out of your wonton wrappers.
- Oil your mini cupcake pan with a pastry brush.
- Place your wrappers into the cupcake pan and brush with oil on top.
- Bake for about 5-6 minutes or until the wrappers begin turning a light golden brown color. Allow the wonton cups to cool before using.
- Pipe your guacamole to about 3/4ths of the cup, place a shrimp on top and follow with some micro greens. Repeat this step for the rest of your wonton cups.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!