Love sweet potatoes and want to learn to make them a new way? Try this eye-catching flavorful recipe and you’ll be making them again and again.
Why you will love this recipe
This recipe is really easy to make and in no time dinner will be set on the table. These sweet potatoes are coated in maple syrup, with garlic and rosemary flavor. This recipe will become one of your family favorites.
Ingredients for this recipe
Sweet potatoes: Try to find potatoes that are the same size and shape.
Garlic: I cut my garlic cloves into slices, rather then mincing them.
Herbs: I used dry rosemary, but you can use fresh.
Oil: I used olive oil, but you can use any oil you cook with.
Liquid sweetener: I used maple syrup, but you can use honey or other liquid sweeteners.
Butter: I used unsalted butter, which I melted.
Salt: Kosher salt to taste.
Pepper: To taste.
How to make this recipe
Cutting Potatoes: Cut your potatoes into thin circular slices.
Cutting Garlic: Cut garlic into slices.
Adding seasoning: Add salt and pepper to taste.
Placing into pan: Place your potatoes into a spiral shape as shown in the video.
Baking: Bake in a cast iron pan or a baking dish.
Baked maple sweet potatoes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp of fresh or dry rosemary
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 2 tsp of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of melted unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp of oil for coating pan
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Peel your potatoes, cut them into circular slices and then place into a bowl.
- Cut your garlic into thin slices.
- Add oil, maple syrup, salt/pepper and rosemary to your potatoes. Mix well.
- Oil you cast iron pan with 2 tsp of oil and lay out your potatoes into a circle.
- Drizzle your melted butter on top of your potatoes and cover with foil.
- Bake at 400F for 30 minutes then 425F for 15 minutes, uncoverd or until fork tender.