This super easy veggie salad can be made in less than 10 minutes. Enjoy the raw and fresh vegetables with a crispy crunch from the Pringle chips. I wanted to share this delicious recipe with you guys. It is not my recipe but a family/friends recipe. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do!
Why do I mix the salad right before serving?
Mixing the salad right before serving will prevent the chips from getting soggy.
Can I use sour cream instead of mayo?
Yes of course you can, but in the original recipe mayo is used.
Where can I get a a julienne board slicer?
There are different varieties of julienne slicers. I haven’t came across of the same one that I have because I got mine from Ukraine. But there are plenty of substitutions you can use that will give you the same shredded appearance.
What kind of bowl do I use for this salad?
You will need a circular/round bowl that is slightly deep inside. Using this kind of bowl will be easier to mix the salad and it will prevent the salad from falling out.
Can I eat the salad the next day?
Yes you can eat the salad the next day, but your chips will contain the moisture from all the vegetables. So if you want the crisp and crunchiness of the chips, you can add it into the salad.
Can I use a different tomato than Roma?
Yes, you can use any tomato of your choice.
Tornado Veggie Salad
- Julienne Board Slicer
- 1 cup shredded beets
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- 1 pack of Pringle's Chips
- 3/4 cup mayo or sour cream
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Peel your cucumbers and chop them into small cubes. Set aside in a bowl.
- Chop your green onions and place them into a separate bowl.
- Cut your tomatoes into small cubes and set aside in another bowl.
- Peel your carrots and shred them on julienne board slicer. Set aside.
- Using gloves, peel your beets and shred them on the julienne board slicer too. Set aside.
- Crumble your chips and place into a separate bowl.
- To assemble the salad, use a round semi-deep dish as it will be easier to mix.
- When assembling your salad, you will first place your beets, then your onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots and chips.
- Finally, in the middle you will add your mayo or sour cream and sprinkle with sunflower seeds on top.
- Mix the salad ONLY before serving.